Are You Ready To Regain Your Independence?
Ridgeside K9 Foundation is here to help our nation’s heroes who are working to regain their independence. Our Support Dog Programs were created to support Veterans and First Responders who have PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), or Military Sexual Trauma (MST).
Applicants shall be considered for partnership with the Ridgeside K9 Foundation regardless of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), marital status, sexual orientation, or other categories protected by law.
If you are a first responder or veteran interested in applying for a PTSD service dog, please review the following information to determine if you meet our eligibility requirements.
- You have served in any of the U.S. Armed Forces branches from any era and have received an honorable discharge.
- You have PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), or Military Sexual Trauma (MST).
- You are a veteran or first responder.
- You are willing to have an in-home visit.
- You are willing to have an interview to learn more about the program and tell us more about you and your needs.
- You can participate and will be committed to our training program and schedule.
- You are dedicated to maintaining the dog’s training throughout the dog’s life and can provide for the well-being of the dog (food, vet bills, etc.).
- You can meet the physical and emotional needs of a dog and have an appropriate support system in place to do so if/when you are unable to yourself.
Once Ridgeside K9 Foundation receives your application, our team members will contact you via phone.
- Photo/Visual/Video Release Form (Will be provided by the Veterans Liaison)
- Confirmation of first responder or veteran status
- Personal Statement (Tell us how you feel a Service Dog would benefit you.)
- Three Letters of Recommendation (From Friends or Family. How do they know you? How do they feel a service dog would benefit you?)
- Proof of Stable Income (VA awards letter or a pay stub)
- Proof of Stable Housing (Copy of Lease/Rental Agreement or Mortgage Statement)
- Detailed pictures of the inside and outside of your home. (Bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room, yard, and gates)
- Current Photo ID
*At any point, we reserve the right to refuse any applicant, up to and including until they receive their service dog.